We have had extensive training in mould detection and remediation held in conjunction with Murdoch University and through the IICRC, one of the leading bodies in disaster restoration. Immediate action is important and we can assist you in your mould remediation process.
Mould can be dramatically evident by causing significant damage to buildings, such as the visible presence on building materials and structural decay of timber. Mould can cause many health issues such as: eye irritation, runny nose, sneezing, coughing, headaches, fatigue, skin irritations, shortness of breath, wheezing and aggravation of asthma, even when there is little evidence of mould growth present. If you experience any of these it may be a result of mould growth in your home or office environment.
Normally, our everyday exposure to airborne fungi in the outdoor air presents little or no risk to our health. However, the airborne fungi in the artificial environments of our buildings and dwellings have an altered composition which can create an environment to impact greatly on our health. This has led to the understanding that fungi can be a major cause of both illness and the severity of general symptoms, with those that have developing immune systems or are immunocompromised being at a higher risk to any airborne pathogens that may be present.
Once mould is established it can cause problems for an extended period of time and becomes a serious problem when spores come in contact with a wet or damp spot and begins growing.